Saturday, December 20, 2008

The ABCs

I know I haven't written much lately, sorry about that. Things have been a little crazy lately. Here's the highlights (or lowlights depending on which letter you're looking at):

A) Bug had a viral infection this last week, runny nose, diarrhea, fever. The works. Not a happy baby.

B) In addition to being miserable from her cold, Bug has also cut two teeth in the last five days! Eight teeth in that little mouth! Needless to say, I don't stick my finger in there to brush her teeth anymore!!!

C) Josh got a promotion!!! Good news is better title and slightly more pay, bad news is he'll probably be working more.... if that's even possible. It also means we'll be staying in Florida for at least another year, I'm ok with that as long as we find somewhere else to live. Which brings me to D

D) We've been looking at apartments, houses, townhomes, all that good stuff over the last week. I just don't understand why there are no new housing/apartment developments in the good parts of the city(ies). Everything is at least ten years old which means the appliances are at least five years old. Kill me. Dining rooms are carpeted (not good for a one year old who throws food) or the entire house is tile (our current downstairs is all tile, Bug's had a few mishaps, I'm ready for carpet!).

E) Josh and I have been talking about #2 lately. Now calm down grandmas! We're just toying with the idea. Neither one of us can commit to thinking it's a good idea just yet so I guarantee (about as much as birth control is a guarantee) that it won't be happening anytime soon. Just curious as to people's thoughts on the matter. My brother is having his second (plus GF has a three year old from previous) 17 months apart from his first (don't quote me, I suck at math) and I'm curious how life will be for him. I also have a good friend whose children will be just 6 months apart (I think, again, don't quote me on these things, I'm tired) and I'm really curious how that will go. Anyway, anyone with experiences on kids being two years apart, give me the ups and downs! I'm trying to weigh pros and cons. In the end we'll do what we think is best for us but still, it's on my mind.

F) My mom's coming for Christmas!! Woohoo!! So I actually decorated the house, hung christmas lights and even bought a cheapass fake tree from the dollar store! It's cute :) Now if I could just figure out how to keep the hellions (cat and baby) away from the garland....


Ok, that's about it folks. I'd post a couple pictures of the brat (and yes, she is a brat. That first bite of birthday cake seems to have given her the impression that she's entitled to any/everything. She also now knows that my world revolves around her and I think she's figured out how to manipulate that....brat.) but it's been so busy I haven't downloaded any pictures from the camera lately. Sorry.

I leave you all with a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Whichever you'd prefer.

Now where's that eggnog.......

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, mine will be 15 months apart, I'll let you know how that goes... I prefer Merry Christmas!! Post some pics chick! Love ya