Monday, May 19, 2008

The Sweetest Thing....

Bug has been teething lately. In fact I think I can see the tip of a tooth starting to poke through. It's greatly exciting to me, not so much to her. She's been in loads of pain today. I can definitely mark today as her fussiest day ever. None of my distraction tactics were working. I was getting very frustrated until.....

...we were sitting on my bed this afternoon, Bug chewing on her teething ring, me looking for the next thing to distract her from the pain. She started crying and I was about to lose my mind. Then she looked at me with that sad, pitiful face she makes and frantically grabbed at my shirt on my shoulder. When she got a good hold she pulled herself in close.

She wanted me to pick her up.

She wanted her mommy and had never displayed that kind of affection before.

I'm telling you, I melted.

I can't even begin to describe the feelings of love and appreciation I felt at that moment. My daughter, my little angel, the love of my life, wanted nothing more than to be held by her mommy. No endless supply of toys would suffice, she just needed some mommy love.

This mommy thing is totally underrated! Nothing in life could possibly be better than this.

{Bug having a happy moment this morning before the pain really set in}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an ADORABLE picture!! Hope she feels better soon!

Amy said...

AWW, being a mommy is the best!!!