Saturday, May 17, 2008

This marks the end of worry free days....

I used to be able to leave Bug on a carpeted floor for a short time, 5 - 10 minutes, and nothing bad would happen. She'd play, maybe roll over a couple times, no big deal. Then after she hit her head on the rocking chair a couple weeks ago I decided not to leave her alone in her room anymore. Yet it was ok in my room. The most she ever did in there was destroy my piles of laundry.

Until today that is.

It was 7:15pm. I went downstairs to make her bedtime bottle as I always do. She was playing safely with her toys in the middle of the room. Halfway through the bottle making process I hear muffled crying. Wondering what in the world she's doing, I run up the stairs.

I burst into my room and Bug is.......nowhere. Gone. Dissapeared.

Except that I hear her crying.

First thought 'what in the hell?!?!?!?!'

Second thought 'damn David Bowie had better not have taken my baby!' (RE: Labyrinth)

Even as those thoughts went through my head I already knew where she was. I guess it's mother's intuition....who knows. So I get down on all fours, flip up the comforter and there is my crazy child. On her tummy, almost halfway under the bed. I think she would have been fine under there if she hadn't happened to roll directly under one of the two bed posts. Every time she lifted her head to look, roll, whatever, she would smack it on this post. Hence the crying. Other than that she was fine, a little scared and probably had a bit of a headache, but nothing too terrible.

So I drag her out, quite the feat considering the sideboard of the bed was too low for her to come out with her head up, how in the world did she get under there??? I had to hold her head to the floor to get her out. If she has a rug burn on her cheek in the morning we'll know why.

I wish I'd have taken a picture. The camera was right there by the bed, less than two feet from my hand. I had thought about it but it just didn't seem right since she was crying :)

Five minutes later she has her legs under the bed going for round two. If she ends up under there again I'm taking a picture, cry or no cry!

And tomorrow I'm looking into baby gates or excessive amounts of pillows!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Haha. Sometimes i cant wait until justice can rollover, but then i hear stories like this... love the blog updates by the way :-)