Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Demise of Miss Kitty


In highschool a family friend gave me two ceramic cats, one white and one black. They were like bookends in that they sat facing away from each other. I lost the white one somewhere, somehow within the last eight years. The black one I had managed to keep unscathed....until Bugzilla.


Miss Kitty sat on our bathroom counter minding her own business. Bug was hanging out on said counter watching daddy get ready for work. Mommy was taking pictures and making sure Bug didn't fall off the counter.


From out of nowhere, with one fell swoop, Bugzilla destroyed our peaceful, calm morning. I'm sure she just wanted to pet the kitty. Instead she killed it. So sad.




I wish I had a before picture. Alas, all I have are pictures of the battlefield.





{Bug minutes before destruction}



{Bugzilla caught mid-act. Notice three different hands? Only two are for good!}




{The Battlefield}




{Decapitation by a six month old...gruesome}







{And it still boils down to; Curiosity killed the cat}









{What I could piece together of the remains.....

..... where's Grandpa Carl when you need him?}




No comments: