Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm feeling the love....

Bug has been going through Seperation Anxiety lately. While it is frustrating and tiresome as all hell, it's also quite wonderful to feel needed and loved in this way.

The frustrating points are obvious:

  1. If I leave a room she cries
  2. If I leave a room and she doesn't cry, she attempts to follow me ..... down the stairs
  3. When she's supposed to be falling asleep for a nap or bedtime she looks around and cries if she doesn't see me, meaning I have to sit there the entire time until she falls asleep, all the while a zillion thoughts run through my head about what I want to get accomplished while she's sleeping making me crazy that I can't start already
  4. When in her stroller she is perfectly content, unless she sees me, then she remembers I'm supposed to be in her sights at all times and content gets tossed out the window, so does the walk

The parts I cherish:

  1. When I have left a room and come back in she smiles
  2. When I have left a room and have to go back to pick her up before she tumbles down the stairs, she smiles
  3. When she's supposed to be falling asleep for a nap or bedtime and she looks around for me and makes eye contact, she smiles and turns her head to the side almost like she's shy (you need to see it, so adorable)
  4. When she's in her stroller and I have to pick her up....no, smile or no smile that's just annoying

Anyway, so as you can see I have very mixed emotions on the subject of Seperation Anxiety.

The one thing I enjoy the most and have come to look forward to is when she's ready for a nap. Used to be she'd just get real fussy and start crying. Now she crawls to me (ok so more like crawl, flop, crawl, flop, but she's getting better!), grabs my hands, lifts herself up to a stand and then falls forward against me enveloping my neck in her arms.

Sleepy hugs are the best.

No comments: