Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bad bad bad day

We've had these small sugar ants in our house for the past few weeks which I've been vacuuming and Windexing on a daily basis. No big deal. But this afternoon I walked into the master bathroom to find hundreds of the little bastards. And by little I mean big. Ok not really that big but big enough. And they have wings. And they are everywhere. According to the Orkin man, they are carpenter ants. Fantastic. So I've been vacuuming the walls of the bathroom and the floor of the bedroom (which openly connects to the bathroom) on a twenty minute basis. The last time I vacuumed I came across an ant that has big long pincers. I'm done going upstairs. SO DONE.

I am also unbelievably pissed because I have called my landlord's daughter (the landlord is out of the country) twice, talked to her only once and still do not have an appointment set up for an exterminator. Orkin will not deal with me directly because I am not the home owner and carpenter ants cause structural damage which is the home owner's responsibility and blah blah blah. I'm afraid to go into my bedroom because I abhor bites from any kind of bug. My poor child can not play with the majority of her toys because they are in my room and I'm afraid they're crawling with the nasty little bastards.

I HATE BUGS. (except my Bug, I love her)

I'm ready to check into a hotel I'm so disgusted. Especially since they have wings and can fly. Plus they were under my bed as well which means its only a matter of time until they're in my bed. uuuugggghhh.

_________________________________

On a totally unrelated note; Bug has started grinding her teeth. You know the sound of nails on a chalkboard? That's the reaction I have. I just want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!


__________________________________


I'm having a very bad day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh NOOO!!! yuck. i've heard Terro works wonders with ants, but not sure if it's those kind of ants. hope you get rid of them soon.

Amy said...

Owww... I am sorry. I HATE bugs too, except for Karlyn :-) I hope the situation gets better. I am thinking of you! :-) xoxo

ps check out my blog... I tagged you.... your it!