Saturday, April 26, 2008

Purchase Tracker

I was in Target the other day on ...dun dun dunnnnn... a budget! Anyway, I was trying to keep all my purchases tallied in my head, remember my list that I forgot in the car (big surprise) and keep track of the time, all while entertaining a five month old. Needless to say I lost count. It was then that I thought of what would be the best invention ever. This would work, not only in grocery stores but any store across America.

So you walk into a store, lets use Target as the example, and you go to a desk right by the entrance. There you will check out a scanner, much like the scanners used for registries but hopefully smaller and more compact. You can carry the scanner around, or attach it to the cart for hands free action. Then as you go through the store doing your shopping you simply scan everything that goes in the cart and voila! You know exactly how much money you're spending at any given time and by the time you check out. When all is said and done you give the scanner to the cashier and you're free to go.

The scanners will have a wireless thing, whatever it's called, so that they connect auto'magically' to the stores main computer thereby always updating.

If only I knew how to create, sell and/or market this!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

... a calculator?? :) LOL

I know exactly what you mean when you say the 5-month-old is a little distracting!

Kristen said...

Ha! Hadn't thought about that. I was thinking a little more sophisticated though! :) My biggest problem with calculators is typing in the wrong numbers and having to subtract or start over. I'm all about letting a machine do my thinking for me :)

Amy said...

you are soooo smart! I think you shoul invent it, you would be a millionair!!!