Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Clingy mom award goes to me!

I just about had a heart attack this morning. TWICE!!!





First, I wake up of my own accord. Highly unusual since I'm used to Bug waking me up much earlier than I want every morning. So I go in to check on her and this is what I find.







My first thought was "oh my god, she's not supposed to be sleeping on her tummy" so I check her and at first I don't feel anything. Cue panic attack #1. Then I move my hand lower down her back and feel her breathing. Phew. And I think, of course shes fine, babies sleep on their tummy all the time no matter what the doctor says, what was I worried about? And she looks so cute and peaceful so I let her sleep that way. She woke up twenty minutes later, happy as can be.

On to panic attack #2.



Bug was in her crib playing after just having woke up 10 minutes prior. I was downstairs doing some dishes. I noticed a flier in the gate so I went out to get it. The front door shuts behind me and I think 'I wonder if someone locked the doorknob on their way out this morning'. Reach behind me, twist the doorknob and sure enough... locked.



Trying to stay calm I go to each of the sliding doors hoping one was open.... nope. So, as I'm contemplating whether our patio furniture is strong enough to break one of the windows, a possibility comes to me; maybe Jack (neighbor) knows how to break into the house without breaking in.



So I go next door and Jack says he used to have a spare key, so he goes in to check and when I'm seconds away from panic attack #2, he finally comes out..... dangling a key. Thank GOD!!!



I almost broke down in tears! So he let me in my house, I ran upstairs, grabbed Bug and squeezed her tight. Then I called Josh and used death threats to ensure that doorknob never gets locked again!



Today, I am the clingiest mom ever!!! :)

No comments: