Thursday, July 24, 2008

BedBug again...

Sometimes I think I jinx myself. Bug went to bed around 8pm last night and at 11:30 I said to Josh "I'm so happy she's sleeping so well, we can finally get some sleep." Then I fell asleep. Thirty minutes later she woke up. Why do I do these things to myself?

Josh went in to try and get her back to sleep. Here's how it went for an hour; rock baby to sleep, lay baby down, walk out of room, get in bed, hear baby cry, repeat. For an hour. Then he got frustrated and it became my turn. She wanted nothing to do with me. So we got her a bottle and she'd take a few drinks, cry, take a few drinks, cry, etc.

Finally we took her into our room because I figured if I wasn't going to get any sleep I may as well be comfortable. She'd lay down in our bed, close her eyes and go "aaaaaa - aaaaaaa - aaaaaa" over and over and eventually it would die down and she'd be just about asleep and then she'd start crying again. Poor baby was trying so hard to get to sleep but was having a terrible time of it. Eventually after one of her fits Josh pulled her to him to cuddle and she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

My diagnosis: sinuses. It makes sense when you think about it.


  • Couldn't eat bottle because she couldn't breathe through her nose

  • Couldn't fall asleep because she was laying flat

  • Finally fell asleep after being elevated on the pillow

  • Breathed through mouth while sleeping
So Bug and I are going out today to get a cold water humidifier and maybe some Vick's Vapor Patches or something. Something. Anything!


Aren't they adorable together?




And as a plus, Josh got to see how uncomfortable it is when she sleeps on you :)



This morning around 7:30 she crawled down between our knees with her head facing our feet and fell asleep with her tush in the air, that was pretty cute but I was too sleepy to get a picture so I had her reenact it for you :)




Well, something like that :)

No comments: