Monday, July 21, 2008

Great Baby of Fire!

When Bug took a 2 hour nap yesterday morning I figured she was catching up from the previous week when Nana and Grandpa were here. Then when she was acting tired again not two hours after she'd woken up I wrote it off to teething crankiness. Normally I love learning things from my mistakes, I think it helps you to understand the lesson more. Not this time. When it comes to my kid, the hard way is not the way I want to go and yet most likely is going to be the way it is.

She went to sleep at 7:30 last night, woke up and put herself back to sleep at 8, 8:45 and 9:15. Again I wrote it off to teething. Josh got home around 10 so when she woke up at 10:45 we decided to get her up for a little bit to see daddy and then put her back to bed. When we went in to get her she was burning up, you could feel heat radiating from her head from a couple inches away. She had a fever of 101.1. We gave her some baby Tylenol and comforted her and she fell asleep on daddy's chest.

Josh's work insurance has a 24 hour number you can call to speak to a registered nurse so we figured to play it safe and called. The gist of the conversation was that she was most likely fine, keep up with Tylenol, lots of fluids and checking temps, if she got above 104 take her to ER.

So we got her a bottle of juice and she slept with us. She'd wake up every twenty minutes with the exception of a two hour snooze. We'd give her some juice and her lovey and just comforted her until she fell back asleep. All in all I got about three hours of interrupted sleep, Josh on the other hand was out like a log at 12:45 and didn't wake (even though I practically shoved him off the bed at one point, but we all know how well he can sleep) for four hours. I was jealous but he was kind enough to get up with her at 7am and I was able to sleep for two more hours.



This morning she doesn't feel good but her temp went down to 99.9 and she's happier then the night before. She isn't eating much but I can't blame her, no one really has an appetite when they're hot enough to cook an egg on their forehead.



__________________________________________________________



Through the night Bug would sleep right next to me like a little portable heater. At one point I had less than a foot to sleep on. See how much room she has next to daddy? She just kept squirming closer to mommy.



This is adorable, she drank her juice leaning on daddy and then fell asleep like this. (and yes his hand is in his pants)


There's something extremely cute about a baby in a grown-up bed sleeping like a grown up :)

I finally got more of the bed....but sacrificed my arm!

One of her happy moments this morning. You can still tell she's sick though :(

No comments: