Monday, July 28, 2008

Still sick :(

I was hoping to be able to write a nice "we're all healthy" update today but alas, that's not the case. Our family has had five doctor's visits in two weeks. Sheesh. Bug alone has had three in one week.

Saturday I was running a bit of a high temp so I went down to Urgent Care so they could put me on antiobiotics. They checked me out and gave me a scrip for a Z-Pac. Whatever that is. I'm taking it and we'll see how well it works. I still feel like crap.

Josh took yesterday off so I could try to relax which was nice but Bug didn't have the same thing in mind. She went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 1am. Wouldn't go back to sleep until 4am and was in our bed which means she was on me and I got no sleep. Great. Then she decided to wake up at 6am for the day. Me so tired :(

I had to take Bug back to the doctor today because she's not getting any better. The doctor we saw on Thursday was out so we saw a different doctor that we liked in the past. She said she doesn't think Bug has Bronchiolitis. She thinks it's just a bad respiratory illness. Her orders are saline solution three times a day or take her to the beach and dunk her in the ocean. I think I'll take option #1 :) She also said it was ok to give her cold medicine and recommended Children's Benadryl. Benadryl usually makes people sleepy so I figure I can use that to my advantage, she agreed. Mommy's sneaky :)

So the update is two-thirds of our family is sick. Josh is back at work for another six days so I have to muddle through on my own. At times like this I wish we lived closer to family. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy Blumberg swears by Z-pacs. I had one once and it seemed to work. Doctor's recommend saline solution for me a lot too ... guess they know I'm afraid of the ocean. Hope she doesn't continue to have respiratory problems ... like asthma. ... Mom

Unknown said...

I wish you lived closer too. We miss you here. Mom