Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Update

So I woke up at 6am this morning and didn't know why. Then I heard a wooshing noise and looked outside. The palm trees in front of our house were leaning to the left with the palm fronds pointing the same direction. Rain was pouring down. I sat there watching for a minute and then began to regress to the 'little kid needing comfort' stage. So I nudged Josh awake.

Josh: What?

Kristen: Look outside

Josh: .......WOW..... (all he could manage at that hour)

So we got up and went outside to put the patio furniture in a safe place. Patio table face down, umbrella and chairs in the shed. I open the front door and....calm. Not even a slight breeze. Barely even a drizzle. Weirdest thing ever. We still put the furniture away and it's been raining all day but no more wind. For now that is.

Josh woke me up at 9:30 this morning and said the storm had turned farther west than they'd expected and all we were supposed to get was 30mph winds and a lot of rain. I'm not believing anything until I see it tomorrow.

1pm today Josh got a call from Joel who said the storm has turned a little more towards us but we're only expected to get 6 inches of rain. Yeah, right. Again, I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, the storm could always turn more towards us at any point.

So anyway, we're all prepared and what not. Plus the cleaners came today so our house is beautifully clean! Perfect time for the wind to pick something up, throw it through our window(s) and destroy my house!! :) Hopefully not. We will see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stay safe!! she's now headed our way too, a la the path of Charley. Blah, we needed a new roof after him! hope this one isn't as bad!